Let me describe a hypothetical candidate for Congress. Then, you tell me if you’d vote for him/her.
- Absent from office since June 2012 with no return date known (initially, his whereabouts were unknown to the public he purported to zealously represent as a lawmaker).
- Diagnosed this year with “mood disorder” and bipolar disorder.
- Something about a Peruvian hostess.
- Implicated in the Senate-seat-selling scandal of Rod Blagojevich.
- Currently the subject of a Congressional Ethics Investigation.
- Previously implicated in an FBI investigation.
- Currently the subject of an FBI criminal investigation.
- Previously named one of the 15 most corrupt members of Congress by liberal group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.
So, would you?
If you would, you would get-along just peachy with 60% of voters in the Second Congressional District of Illinois.