The Value of Legal Representation
January 13, 2013 § 4 Comments
Many argue that there is plenty of work for lawyers, but not enough potential clients with the means to pay for legal services.
Oodles of folks have the ability to pay for legal representation, but most choose to value other things over legal services.
Based on almost 10 years of observations, here’s a list of things that seem to be valued by many, many potential clients, in relation to legal representation (from most important to least important).
- A Fancy Car
- A not-so-fancy car with $20,000 rims.
- A not-so-fancy car with a boomin’ sound-system and $5000 rims.
- A 1995 Brown Chevy Caprice Classic with $2000 rims.
- $2000 rims, but no car.
- A weekend in Cancun with unlimited alcohol.
- A weekend in Panama City with pay-by-the-drink alcohol.
- A big-ass flat-panel television (minimum 50 inches).
- A weekend in a crappy hotel in Gary, Indiana with two bottles of cheap alcohol.
- Tattoos (thanks to Texas ADA).
- A weekend in an average hotel in Topeka, Kansas with a bag of weed.
- One afternoon in a Reno, Nevada brothel.
- An opportunity to flirt with the female clerk working the afternoon shift at Panda Express at the southside mall.
- Paid access to adult internet site featuring a girl who attended their high school.
- A $3000 Karaoke machine.
- One night out at Applebees.
- 15 minutes of tokens for private booth at Franks Adult Emporium.
- Playstation 3
- Call of Duty Black Ops 2 for Playstation 3
- A $200 Karaoke machine.
- Blu-Ray of “Barb Wire, Extended Director’s Cut.”
- 2 tickets to a Lakers game.
- Bus ticket to see girlfriend in Shawnee, Oklahoma.
- Replica movie poster of Al Pacino in “Scarface.”
- Blingy “$” necklace.
- 4 tickets to see a Monster Truck show.
- One day at a state fair.
- One purebred Pit Bull Terrier.
- One pair of the latest in-brand of jeans.
- One carton of Marlboros.
- NFL Sunday Ticket.
- New Baskeball Shoes.
- A dog (any breed).
- Six Pack of Beer (any brand).
- A Large, One-Topping Pizza from Papa John’s.
- One pack of Marlboros (or one can of Copenhagen).
- A new jacket (hunter camo pattern ONLY)
- A 1983 Chevrolet Chevette (not necessarily operable).
- One can of body spray.
- Glass anal beads.
- Legal Representation
- Plastic anal beads.